Guacamole is a traditional Mexican recipe. It is a popular recipe, simple but very good and healthy. I recommend it especially for the fasting period.
- 1 avocado copt mare
- juice from half a lemon
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes
- salt, pepper, paprika
- chives, parsley or fresh coriander
Preparation time: less than 15 minutes
HOW TO PREPARE RECIPE Homemade Guacamole:
Peel the onion and garlic.
Cut the avocado in half lengthwise.
Remove the seeds and peel.
Put the pulp in the bowl of the mixer. Add the other ingredients.
Taste and season according to your taste.
Let cool for at least 1 hour.
Serve with Mexican chips or use as a garnish for homemade tortillas - recipe here.
Good appetite !!!!!
the avocado fruit for this recipe must be ripe
When you want to be sure that you choose a ripe avocado, you do not have to pay attention to the color, as the news went wrong, but to the texture. The ripe avocado fruit should be touched only slightly soft, not very soft and not hard. If you can't find a slightly soft avocado, you can also buy it hard: it will ripen at home, in a few days, after keeping it at room temperature, wrapped in paper or in a fruit basket. Here you just have to pay attention to the color: as it starts to turn black, it means that it has ripened.
How to eat guacamole
Guacamole goes great with various types of salads. Many people eat it with nachos or tortilla chips, but we can also spread it on toast. It doesn't matter how we consume it — we can even include it in sandwiches and soups.
Almost any type of appetizer can be combined with guacamole. Serve it with tortillas, chips, pretzels, biscuits, vegetable sticks, chicken, cheese, fish, shrimp and more. This list is endless!
In the following we will present you a homemade guacamole recipe that is simple, delicious and nutritious.
2. Guacamole recipes with Greek yogurt
Guacamole is healthy for several reasons:
If you want to reduce your calorie and fat intake, it is not advisable to eat a lot of avocado. The good news is that you have a healthier version of guacamole that you can try.
One of the ingredients needed to prepare it is skimmed Greek yogurt (check the packaging of this product before you buy it). Make sure the ingredients you use do not contain artificial substances, such as sweeteners or preservatives.
- 3 medium-sized avocados
- 2 cups (540 g) of low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons (20 ml) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) of lemon peel
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 2/3 cup (70 g) chopped red onion
- 2/3 cup (60 g) chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) chopped jalapeño
- 1 tablespoon (10 g) chopped coriander
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel 2 avocados and remove the seeds.
- Grind the fruit in a bowl until you get a fine paste.
- Chop the other avocado and combine it with the previously prepared paste.
- Add the Greek yogurt and mix well.
- Add the other ingredients and serve the delicious snack obtained!
A Mexican tradition - Guacamole sauce
What can you do with a ripe avocado? Soups, salads, side dishes and the wonderful Guacamole sauce, which Mexicans have had on their menu for thousands of years. The avocado sauce comes from the Aztecs, who deified this fruit considered an aphrodisiac. We don't know if you will arouse passion with the onion flavor of guacamole, but you will surely amaze those at the table with the green and spicy sauce.
Peel an avocado, grate it and cut it into small cubes. Stop it immediately with the lemon juice so that it does not oxidize and change its color.
Prepare separately the diced chopped tomatoes, finely chopped onion, chopped coriander and chopped hot pepper (after removing the seeds). The avocado pieces are crushed with a fork or in a mortar with the pisalog. If the fruit is not well ripened, the pulp is hard and will not crush easily. You can also use a blender to mash it.
Add the ingredients you chopped and mix everything very well. Season with salt and pepper.
Guacamole sauce is the perfect garnish for tortillas, quesadillas and even for grilled or baked meat.
Pressing the button below represents your agreement to the TERMS AND CONDITIONS of the COMMENTING PLATFORM.
Brief History of Guacamole: Interesting Facts to Know
Whether it’s served with tortilla chips, tucked inside a burrito, or presented with a festive salad, freshly made guacamole is always an amazing addition to a meal.
For the curious, here’s a brief history of this delicious treat, as well as some fun facts. And just in case you’re in the mood to whip some up at home, we’ve even included a few easy to prepare recipes to satisfy your guacamole cravings.
History of Guacamole and Guacamole Fun Facts
- Like tomatoes, avocados are actually a fruit.
- Avocados have been enjoyed by people in Mexico, South America, and Central America for as far back as 500 B.C.
- In case you’re wondering about guacamole origin, i.e., who invented guacamole: The Aztecs were already making guacamole when the Spaniards came to the New World. The Spaniards took the recipe back to Europe, where the rest, as they say, is history.
- In the early 20th Century, avocados were referred to as “Alligator Pears” due to their scaly skin.
- The avocado is actually related to Bay leaves and cinnamon.
- The highest volume of avocado sales in America is on Cinco de Mayo and Super Bowl Sunday.
3 Simple Guacamole Recipes
For your next party, or just to satisfy a personal craving, here are a few delicious and simple recipes.
Fresh and Easy Guacamole
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1/2 minced onion
- 1 diced tomato
- 4 tbsp of freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 seeded, chopped jalapeno.
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 freshly squeezed lime
- Sea salt to taste
Begin by mashing the avocado flesh with the back of a fork. Once you have it to your desired consistency (smooth or chunky guacamole is a personal preference), add the other ingredients and blend. This one is delicious!
Guacamole with Sour Cream
- 4 medium ripe avocados
- 3 freshly squeezed limes
- 1/4 cup of chopped onion
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 chopped Roma tomatoes
Blend all ingredients, except the tomatoes, until you’ve reached the desired consistency. Afterward, carefully fold in the tomatoes to keep them from crushing. For those who love the added richness of the avocado and sour cream, this one is wonderful.
Guacamole with Roasted Garlic
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 small, diced tomato
- 1/3 cup of chopped cilantro
- 1 minced jalapeno (seeded)
- A splash of freshly squeezed lime juice
- Coarse sea salt (to taste)
First, place the garlic cloves in a medium hot skillet. Turn them frequently, until they soften and have small blackened spots (generally 10 minutes). Remove the cloves from the skillet, let them cool, then mash with the back of a fork. Place the roasted garlic cloves and the other ingredients into a bowl and mash to a coarse consistency.
The flavor of the roasted garlic makes this guacamole extra special.
Options to Kick Guacamole Up to a Whole New Level
Feel free to experiment with the basic avocado, lime, and salt ingredients, by adding some of the following:
- Black Beans
- Roasted tomatoes
- Diced peaches
- Roasted chili’s
- Fresh mint leaves
- Shredded cheese
If you’re in the greater Fort Lauderdale area, be sure to stop by Casa Sensei, for a meal that will delight your senses. We always strive to impress you, and your guests, with our creative Pan Asian and Latin Fusion menu, excellent service, and our spectacular waterfront views.
After a romantic gondola ride, join us on our cozy patio for cocktails and a meal. As for guacamole, we promise, ours is always amazing.
You’ll find us conveniently located in the heart of Fort Lauderdale, at 1200 East Las Olas. For reservations, just give us a call at 954.994.1668.
This recipe for Cinco de Mayo is from the chef Party Jinich. To prepare it you need:
- 2 large and ripe avocados cut into cubes, without shell
- 1/3 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chipotle in marinade sauce, seedless and finely chopped
Los Ingredients for this guacamole they don't have to go through the blender. Simply place in a bowl and mix gently. You can prepare it up to 12 hours before eating as long as you have it refrigerated before eating.
How to make guacamole at home, the simplest and most authentic recipe
Preparing this Mexican classic is a delicate matter since there is no single recipe. Anyway, after consulting with a few Mexican friends, reviewing some books and going to Punto Mx, one of the most prestigious Mexican restaurants in Madrid, I think I found out how to make guacamole at home in a simple and authentic way, and as I am going to transmit it to you.
On the recipe that I am going to present to you you can make all kinds of changes, because as with many Spanish recipes, there are different versions depending on the area or even the family you are asking. In addition, if you want you can add some ingredients on this basic recipe, such as tomatoes, although as I have been told, the real guacamole does not have it.
Guacamole recipe: avocado paste
This guacamole recipe is quick and very easy to prepare, being perfect for quesadillas or served as a snack with crispy vegetables. You can also ask the little ones to help you in the kitchen, moreover you can teach them from an early age how to clean the avocado properly. Since the pulp is removed with a spoon, you will not have emotions leaving them around the knives. The nutrients in this recipe will be to your liking, and taste delicious for your loved ones. Here's how you can make the perfect guacamole recipe at home or, in other words, a good avocado paste to lick your fingers!
Ingredients for guacamole:
1/2 small red onion
1-2 fresh red peppers
3 ripe avocado fruits
1 bouquet of fresh coriander
6 ripe cherry tomatoes
juice from 2 lemons
extra virgin olive oil
freshly ground black pepper
4 steps to prepare guacamole:
1. Peel and wash the onions, and wash the red peppers, remove their stalks, clean the seeds well. Cut onions and peppers into a chopper, as small as you can.
2. Wash the avocado fruit, cut it in half, remove the seeds, and with the help of a spoon, remove the pulp and finely chop it on the mincer.
3. Wash the coriander leaves and chop most of them, adding the finely chopped cherry tomatoes.
4. Add all the ingredients in a bowl, remove the juice from 2 lemons and add to the bowl, along with a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix all ingredients well until you get a homogeneous composition and garnish with coriander leaves. You can also add salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 pieces avocado
- 1 large tomato
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 1 small onion
- juice from half a lemon / lime
- freshly ground salt and pepper
If you find yourself in the taste of the recipes on this blog, I am waiting for you every day on facebook page. You will find there many recipes posted, new ideas and discussions with those interested.
* You can also sign up for Recipes group of all kinds. There you will be able to upload your photos with tried and tested dishes from this blog. We will be able to discuss menus, food recipes and much more. However, I urge you to follow the group's rules!
You can also follow us on Instagram and Pinterest, with the same name "Recipes of all kinds".