- Root vegetables
- Potato side dishes
Patatas bravas, loved the UK over, but not a dish that is regularly made at home. I reckon everyone should have a go.
17 people made this
- 700g waxy potatoes
- 75ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 to 3 dried chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons good red wine vinegar
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 4 tablespoons tomato passata
- drizzle of olive oil
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- Peel the potatoes and boil them for 10 minutes in salted water. When just cooked, refresh in cold water. Cut the potatoes into quarters (or halves if small potatoes). Heat a large non stick frying pan with a good serving of olive oil. Turn down the heat and cook the potatoes very gently, turning so all sides are cooked to a golden crust.
- Meanwhile make a paste by crushing the cumin, chillies, vinegar and paprika in a pestle and mortar. When the potatoes are golden brown stir in the paste and the peppers. Heat through allowing the peppers to soften. Finally add enough of the passata to loosen the dish. Warm through or serve cold.
Try Viva el Vino - Campo Viejo's exciting new way of food and wine matching. At your next dinner party, instead of matching wines to the food you're creating, ask your guests to bring a bottle of wine - if you're having a Spanish theme then Campo Viejo works well as it has a white, a rose, reds and a sparkler in its range - and then create dishes (again tapas works well) to match the nuances of the wines. Your guests will be super impressed and it's easy, honest. Try this with the Campo Viejo Reserva 05, yum.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(2)
Reviews in English (2)
The recipe wasn't clear where to add the garlic, so I mixed it in with the paste. A delicious side dish, will make this again-20 Mar 2012
I make my potatas brava with Arrabiata sauce if time is short and put a layer of pork chops on the top. When finished cooking I cover with fresh chopped rosemary to serve. My four fussy teenagers love it.-10 May 2015